It's Day 32 and we're in Mark 12.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 34 - Some questions Jesus applauds and lauds. How great would it be to ask Him a question and have Him say something like that?
- Verse 40 - "greater condemnation" - That just really hit me hard this morning. Not just are those without God going to be condemned, some are going to receive a "greater condemnation." We need to do all we can to share the truth so that folks don't have to experience that.
- Verses 13-14 - The Pharisees and Herodians come together set the trap. The Herodians were in league with Herod, so if Jesus says to not pay taxes, they can go to Herod and call Jesus a rebel worthy of death. If Jesus says to pay the tax, then the Pharisees can tell the people that Jesus is just a patsy for the Roman government. It's supposed to be an ironclad no-win situation for Jesus, except that He has the perfect answer.
- Verse 25 - We will know each other, but we will not be married in the same way we are on earth. For some people that seems like really bad news; for others it seems like really good news. ;-)
- Verses 35-37 - This is a little Bible riddle that Jesus gives them. David is speaking of someone coming after him, so David should be the one given the most respect. Instead, though, David speaks of the one who comes after him as his "Lord." Why? The correct answer is that the one who came after him was God Incarnate. This illustrates that the Pharisees didn't have quite as complete a grasp on the Bible as they thought they did.
If you want to read the Bible online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at email@example.com.