It's Day 9 and we're in James 1.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 27 - If we claim to be a nation of many Christians, why are there so many kids without families?
- Verse 2 - It's not that we're glad to have problems, but as the following verses indicate, it's that the struggles have a maturing effect.
- Verse 4 - The word "perfect" in some translations means "mature." Even if we never achieve perfection in this life, we need to be striving for that great a spiritual maturity.
- Verses 9-10 - The poor person should remember that he is a child of the King; the rich person should remember that all his money isn't going to keep him from dying.
- Verses 23-24 - Basically this is saying that when we say we're Christians but we don't have deeds to back that up, we're like someone who sees himself in the mirror and then turns away and forgets what he looks like. We've forgotten as Christians what defines who we are.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.