It's Day 2 and we're in Mark 2.
If you need a copy of the readings, you can get a one-page PDF here.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 17 - We have to keep central in our view that this was His mission. It's too easy to make our religion one that keeps us from the broken and "sick" rather than trying to draw them to God.
- Verse 5 - Why did Jesus do this first instead of physical healing? One, it was the bigger deal; 2. He knew that it would provide Him a chance to confront the Pharisees.
- Verse 14 - He had met Levi before - He was not calling someone He'd just met for the first time.
- Verse 20 - Yes, that means you should be fasting.
- Verses 21-22 - This means that Jesus is coming to bring a new thing. The new thing is the church, as opposed to just sticking with the Jewish nation.
- Verses 24-27 - The religious rules that the Pharisees had come up with made the Law the supreme thing and put burdens on people they couldn't maintain. Jesus here reminds them that man is the higher thing, not the Sabbath.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.