It's Day 8 and we're in Mark 8.Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 36 - This is one of my life verses.
- Verses 23-25 - Why did the miracle come in phases? We don't know. It gives me comfort to know, though, that not all miracles happen the same way. Sometimes it's instantaneous and sometimes it's in phases.
- Verses 26, 30 - Jesus regularly tells people to not spread the word of the miracles He's done. Why? Two reasons: 1. He was trying to maintain a timetable for when things would happen as far as His crucifixion and didn't want to get ahead of that. 2. He knew that the interest that brought people out to see the miracles was generally a shallow faith that would be unlikely to bloom.
- Verse 34 - "deny himself" - This means that we have to be willing to put aside our desires and obey Christ's commands, believing that will take us to somewhere better.
- Verse 34 - "take up his cross" - This means that there will be sacrifice involved in this walk of faith.
- Verse 35 - "save, lose" - This means that when we cling to our hopes and desires, we end up losing out. When we lay those aside and run after Jesus' commands, we will find real life.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.