It's Day 23 and we're in Hebrews 7.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 25 - What an encouraging idea: Jesus talks to God ("intercedes") on my behalf.
- Verses 1-11 - The main idea being put forward is that the Old Testament priesthood was symbolic, but inadequate.
- Verse 3 - This is not saying that Melchizedek actually had no father, no mother, etc., but rather there was no recorded information about those things.
- Verse 16 - In the Old Testament, there were strict rules about the physical condition of those wanting to be priests.
- Verse 18 - The Old Testament system had its purpose (which was to point out how we cannot keep God's perfect standards in our own strength), but it was ultimately "weak" and "useless" to get us closer to God.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at email@example.com.