It's Day 41 and we're in 1 Corinthians 15.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 24 - I don't remember noticing the line about Jesus handing the Kingdom over to the Father. I'm going to have to think more about that.
- Verses 6, 18 - "asleep" - It's a euphemism for having died.
- Verse 29 - This verse is very obscure and I honestly have no good explanation for it.
- Verse 31 - "I die daily" - Not physically, but that spiritually Paul kills off his will and yields himself to God's will. This is similar to what we are to do in "carrying our cross."
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "So I as I read this, without love I am nothing, right?" - That's right. Paul is emphasizing the importance of the motive behind our actions. If I witness to the unsaved, but it's because I want to be able to pridefully say that I was responsible for someone getting saved, that's the wrong motivation. My motive needs to be love, not pride. Everything we do should be motivated by love, either love for God or for people.