Where God Spoke To Me:
- Nothing really jumped out to me today.
- Verse 7 - We talked about this "third and fourth generations" issue back at Exodus 20. The best explanation I've come up with is that this is a statement of the way life works: when parents are disobedient, their children learn that and the influence can filter down generation after generation.
- Verse 14 - "a jealous God" - Not a petty jealousy, but it means that God expects us to keep our commitment to Him, the same way a wife should expect her husband to keep his marital promises to her.
- Verse 26 - "young goat" - An obscure point, but some of what God shares is for this particular rural nation at this particular time in history.
- Verse 28 - "he did not eat. . . or drink" - That would make this, like Jesus' 40 days, a supernatural event.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.