It's Day 24 and we're in 1 Corinthians 6.
One reason to be in the Bible regularly? It cuts through the clutter. We are surrounded by tons of information, but so much of it is essentially irrelevant to a meaningful life. The Bible speaks to the issues that matter.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 19 - An amazing thought: we have been made into the dwelling place of God. The Holy Spirit taking up residence within us.
- Verses 2-3 - "saints will judge the world" - This might mean that Christ will allow us to assist him in Final Judgment (perhaps by offering testimony of what we saw and heard in this life) or that on the New Earth we will rule (an alternate meaning for the Greek word for "judge") with Him.
- Verse 7 - It's scary to think how far away this thinking is away from our normal way of operating. That doesn't speak well for us. Paul basically says we'd be better off being wronged that suing a fellow Christian.
- Verses 12-13 - In Christ I have liberty - there is not a narrow list of "you can do" and "you can't do." I am to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. However, the fact that I have freedom on many issues doesn't mean that exercising that freedom would always be spiritually beneficial.
- Verse 15 - Because the Holy Spirit has taken up residence within us (see verse 19), we have become a temple of God. If we have sex with a prostitute, there is something about the physicalness of that sin that makes it worse than normal.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.