It's Day 23 and we're in Luke 9.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 1 - "He. . . gave them power" - God desires to give us power that we might be able to make a difference in the world.
- Verse 18 - That's oddly phrased. I think it means, "Jesus went away with His disciples to get some time praying alone. While on that retreat, the disciples asked. . ."
- Verse 23 - What does that mean? It means that put aside our desires and pursue where He's leading us. "Taking up your cross" means being willing to make sacrifices for the Kingdom.
- Verse 24 - What does this mean? It means that we need to pursue what God is calling us to do, even when it causes us to have to make sacrifices we'd rather not make. We do this presuming that His leading will take us to real life.
- Verse 59 - The best explanation of this I've read is that the phrase used by the man was one that meant that that his father was not yet dead but that he wanted to wait until that had happened and was taken care of.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post a Comment