It's Day 31 and we're in Matthew 8.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 10 - It's hard to underestimate how prized faith is to Jesus.
- Verse 10 - The centurion shows faith by believing that if Jesus speaks the word it will happen. He has confidence in Jesus' power, even sight unseen.
- Verses 18 - Why would He do that? Most likely, given the previous two verses, is that most of the people were coming not to hear the truth but the see the miracles. For Jesus, the miracles were primarily useful as signs that pointed people to the truth.
- Verses 21-22 - The presumption here is that the man's father was not yet passed yet, but that the man was asking for permission to wait until his father's death to begin to follow Jesus.
- Verse 34 - Why would they plead with Jesus to leave? Apparently they prized their property (the pigs) more than the man's changed life and therefore decided having Jesus around was too risky.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post a Comment