Tuesday, January 10, 2023

60IN60 Day 9 - Tues Jan 10

It's Day 9 and we're in John 4.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 14 - "a well of water springing up to eternal life" - Nice image - I like the idea of God being within us and flowing out of us.
- Verse 34 - Is that what satisfies me?
 
Help:
- Verses 48, 50 - Jesus speaks those challenging words in verse 48, but then the man shows that he is willing to take Jesus by faith (and not by signs) by walking away without having seen the miracle.
 
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
 
If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Your Questions and Comments:
John 3:3 - Jesus responded and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless someone is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” - "I've always ready this verse to mean if someone is not born again, they will not go to heaven. But verse 2 talks about not seeing signs (miracles).  Could verse 3 be referring to someone who is lost (not born again) as not being able to see miracles and signs ?  Such as a miraculous physical healing and credit being given to a doctor or medicine alone.  Or something being explained as 'lucky' or a 'coincidence'. The unsaved are blind to seeing things in the kingdom of God, happening here on earth.  Just something I'd never thought about before, is this an  accurate interpretation?" - Interesting ideas. When I read verses 2-3 what I think is the main part of the interaction is something like this. In v. 2 Nicodemus is saying, "I see the signs You're doing and because I'm a religious expert I know that God is involved in that." And Jesus replies in v. 3, "No one knows anything spiritually unless they are born again." I think Jesus is essentially saying, "You're not an expert - in fact, you don't even have the most basic spiritual thing correct."

No comments:

Post a Comment