It's Day 49 and we're in Luke 18.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 22 - What is the thing that is that valuable to me (like the rich man's possessions were to him) that I have to be willing to lay aside if asked?
- Verse 8 - Jesus asks if faith will be found because that's incredible valuable to Him. This ties into verses 1-5 because it takes faith to continue to pray when you're not getting a quick answer.
- Verse 19 - The man was looking at Jesus as just another human teacher, which is why Jesus asks him why he's calling Him "good."
- Verse 22 - This is not a general command to all of us. It's something that Jesus is asking from this young man because his money was what was holding him back from being fully committed to God.
- Verses 25, 27 - Jesus is not saying it's impossible for a rich person to be saved (see verse 27), just that it's more difficult.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.