It's Day 5 and we're in Matthew 19.
As you read, listen for where God wants to speak
to you. What jumps out to you? What speaks to situations you're dealing with
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 21 - What's holding you back? What's holding me back? For this guy it was his possessions, but it might be something else for us.
- Verses 1-9 - This is not all the teaching on divorce that Jesus did.
- Verse 12 - This means that some are born without the "equipment" to have sex; some (not so much today, but it happened back then) were made eunuchs by people (like the man who would oversee the king's harem); some choose not to have sex because they feel God is calling them to a single life (this would not involve a physical change like the other two options).
- Verse 17 - This presumably was because the man looked at Jesus as a human teacher.
- Verses 23-26 - This is not saying it's impossible for rich people to be saved, but it is harder. Why? They tend to love the things of this world and put their trust in their wealth.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.