It's Day 30 and we're in Luke 10.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 21 - Their success made Him "rejoice greatly." Our obedience and fruitfulness presumably does the same thing.
- Verse 4 - The idea here was that they were to be dependent on the Father's moment by moment provision. As for not greeting: their mission was urgent and they need to get to the towns to preach to large crowds.
- Verse 7 - They weren't to look for "better deals" on where to stay.
- Verse 18 - The meaning of this is not certain. It may have been that Satan was in heaven complaining to God about what Jesus was doing and God gave no ground, so Satan came back to earth ("fell to earth") defeated.
- Verse 19 - This is not a general truth. This was true for them at that time as part of that mission. "Don't try this at home!" ;-)
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.