It's Day 34 and we're in Luke 14.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 11 - Stay humble, do God's will, and He will lift you up.
- Verse 26 - "Hate" by comparison to our love for God. Obviously if the second greatest commandment is to love your neighbor as yourself, it can't mean despise them.
- Verse 27 - To "carry your cross" means to be willing to make sacrifices for Christ.
- Verse 33 - This is something we have to willing to do. If He asks material sacrifices of us, we need to be willing to do that. It doesn't mean that we should become homeless.
- Verse 34 - This seems to mean that our faith has to have the "flavor" of all that He's asking us to do, not be a bland, generic "faith."
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.