It's Day 25 and we're in 1 Samuel 21.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Again, nothing jumped out to me today. That's a few days in a row. That will happen sometimes. Nothing to get discouraged about.
- Verse 1 - "trembling" - Why was he trembling? Maybe just that having one of the king's main guys show up all by himself was very unusual and he was concerned that it meant bad news.
- Verse 2 - David is lying. Again, the Bible tells the stories of the heroes of the faith both when they honor God with their behavior and when they don't.
- Verse 12 - Why did he fear the king? Presumably because he knew the king was more likely to be violent toward him if he saw David as a threat, which verse 11 says he did.
- Verses 13-15 - This is odd behavior. Apparently David saw this as the best way to get out of the difficult situation he thought he was in.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at email@example.com.
Post a Comment