Sunday, July 1, 2018

60IN60 Day 56 - Sun Jul 1

It's Day 56 and we're in 2 Samuel 12.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 13 - I think the core thing that God loved about David (and the Bible makes it clear that He did love him) is wrapped up in this verse and similar ones. There is a humility in David acknowledging that he is guilty. That doesn't justify the horrific behavior, but it's something that God can work with.

Help:
- Verse 15 - I don't like this verse (I'm not saying it's not true - I'm just saying I don't like it). I understand within the larger situation why this would happen, but it would seem a much fairer punishment would be for David to get sick.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment