Wednesday, July 13, 2022

60IN60 Day 10 - Wed Jul 13

It's Day 10 and we're in James 2.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 13 - A reminder of how important it is that we're merciful to those around us.

Help:
- Verses 9-11 - The analogy I often use is that sin is like standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon.  I can take a tiny step forward (i.e. one sin) or I can rare back and take a huge flying leap (i.e. many sins), but either way I end up at the bottom.
- Verse 12 - We have been given freedom by the death of Christ.  
- Verse 19 - The demons don't have saving faith in God, but they do know without question that there is one.  The issue is not believing in God - it's serving and following Him.
- Verse 24 - The point: what we do is the evidence of what we really believe.  Faith in name only is empty and worthless.  My actions show the proof of my words.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment