Monday, July 25, 2022

60IN60 Day 22 - Mon Jul 25

It's Day 22 and we're in Genesis 20.

Where God Spoke To Me: 
- Verse 6 - Because he has acted in innocence, God keeps him from sin.  We need to make sure we're acting "in the integrity of [our] heart."

Help:
- Verse 2 - Yes, he's going to make the same stupid mistake again.  Just like we so often do.
- Verse 7, 17 - It does seem weird that the one who was in the wrong here has to pray for the one who was in the right.  Why?  Even though Abraham is in the wrong, he still has authority that's been given to him because he is God's chosen.  I think of it like God saying to the king, "See that guy over there?  The one that caused all this problem?  Yeah, well, he's my guy.  I know, I know, he was stupid in what he did.  But he's the one I chose a long time ago.  So go have him pray and we'll get this taken care of."
- Verse 12 - In the rural, often nomadic culture of that day, this was not unusual.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment