It's Day 31 and we're in Matthew 11.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 22 - There are degrees of punishment on Judgment Day. This should trouble us for a lot of Americans who have had multiple opportunities to hear the gospel and yet rejected it. It puts them in a bad situation.
- Verse 3 - John the Baptist is doubting whether Jesus is the Christ. Why? Probably because John expected a political Messiah who would overthrow Rome and John is still sitting in jail at this point. Jesus was the Messiah, but not the type of Messiah John was expecting.
- Verse 12 - This verse is a little obscure. It most likely means that the kingdom was suffering from violent attacks.
- Verse 14 - A prophet like Elijah was to be the forerunner of the Christ. John is filling that role for Jesus.
- Verse 25 - Not babies, but spiritual infants. Those who are willing to come humbly and receive the truth.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post a Comment