It's Day 40 and we're in 1 Corinthians 14.
A scary thought: the Bible is "able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12). That can be frightening, but know that God loves you the way you are, but too much to leave you that way.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 26 - Worship, especially evening worship, would be more meaningful if this happened: if everyone brought something to share for the Lord.
- Verses 1-4 - Some believe that "prophecy" here refers to predicting the future. It more likely simply means preaching.
- Verses 5-9 - This is laying out the point that if someone is speaking in tongues in a worship service, it's pretty useless unless someone is there to interpret what he's saying.
- Verses 27-28 - If a church does believe in speaking in tongues, these are some of the rules for how it can be expressed in worship.
- Verses 34-35 - Some argue this is a binding teaching for today; others argue that this was only for the Corinthians. I believe the latter interpretation.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.