It's Day 51 and we're in 1 Samuel 14.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 44 - It's ironic that Saul had made a stupid decision, yet he sticks by it and even invokes the name of the Lord for it. So many stupid things done with God's name as backing.
- Verses 9-10 - This is not something that we can normally count on: that we ask God for a specific sign and He will give it to confirm our need to move forward. God did it here, but that's not an obligation for Him to always do similar things.
- Verse 19 - Instead of waiting on a word from God, Saul decides to move forward.
- Verse 24 - This was a bad idea from Saul that lessened the victory.
- Verse 41 - In the Old Testament they sometimes discerned God's direction through casting lots.
- Verse 44 - This was Saul's decision, not God's. The oath was Saul's idea. . . and not a good one. Here it brings the ridiculous situation of the hero of the story potentially being executed.
- Verse 52 - Saul put all the good warriors he could find in his army.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.