It's Day 23 and we're in Revelation 5.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 8 - It's an interesting (perhaps mostly symbolic) detail that the prayers of the saints create a sweet smell in the presence of God. It's encouraging to know that He sees our conversation with Him in that positive a way.
- Verse 5 - "Lion," "root" - Both of these are symbolic titles for Jesus, arising from the Old Testament. The lion imagery has to do with Him as a warrior and conqueror; the root has to do with Him being of the line of David.
- Verse 6 - "Lamb" - Another title, having to do with Jesus' willingness to sacrifice Himself, along the lines of a way a lamb was sacrificed for the sins of the people in the Old Testament sacrificial system.
- Verse 9 - "with your blood" - Meaning that our forgiveness comes through the sacrifice of His blood.
- Verse 14 - "fell down" - Meaning to bow down in worship, not to trip.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at email@example.com.