It's Day 5 and we're in Luke 5.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 5 - Sometimes we obey not fully understanding why we're being asked to do that particular thing. We just trust Him.
- Verse 17 - The second half of this verse can be confusing. Other passages tell us that Jesus' power came through the Father working in Him. Apparently when there was a lack of faith on the part of the people, the Father limited the power that would flow.
- Verses 27-28 - Levi had met Jesus before.
- Verse 36-38 - Jesus is saying that He hasn't come to repair the old way (i.e. the Temple system), but to bring a new way.
- Verse 39 - This verse points out that most of us find it hard to reach out for the new, preferring instead the comfort of the old.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at email@example.com.