Wednesday, September 16, 2020

60IN60 Day 10 - Wed Sept 16

It's Day 22 and we're in Proverbs 2.

If you've got questions about your reading, I love answering those. Feel free to email me. Unless it's something personal, I'll usually anonymously share the question (and answer) in the following day's email so everyone can benefit from it. 

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verses 1-5 - Wisdom is accessible.  It's not something you're born with.  But you have to want it.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Your Questions and Comments:
- "So to me, this is the ultimate question and I know it's so hard to come to come to the right conclusions, but this seems to speak to God's ultimate will for our lives.  I struggle daily trying to live in accordance to His calling for my life.  What is our purpose?  What is my purpose and am I fully living out what he has called me to do?  Is it possible to think too much on God's will?" - Great question . . . and a big question!  I'll try to answer as simply as I can.  When we invite Christ into our lives, we are to follow His teaching.  Our goal is to become more like Christ - to increasingly have His love, His peace, His joy.  So I study the Word and try to do what it says.  Regarding my life's purpose, God is in charge of guiding and directing me to where He wants me to be and what He wants me to do (whether big or small); my job is to obey His teaching in the situation that is in front of me right now.   So I obey His teaching and He guides and directs my life.  He is in charge of the big picture; I'm in charge of being faithful in whatever is in front of me right now.  Of course, there are situations where we can't be certain of what God would have us to do (for example, should I take this new job or stay at my present job?).  In those situations where it's not a moral right and wrong issue, I pray to God and ask Him to guide me.  (James 1:5 is a good verse to claim in prayer.)  Sometimes there is one right and one wrong answer; at other times it may be that God is fine with either choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment