It's Day 12 and we're in 1 Corinthians 5.
Father, what do You want to teach us today through Your Word?
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verses 9-10 - We get this wrong so often. We act like we're supposed to be staying away from the sinners in the world. That's absurd. Of course they're doing things that are wrong - the Bible teaches that you need the Spirit within you to live a truly good life. It's the people who are claiming to be Christians and yet are still living in their sin that we should stay away from.
- Verse 1 - Someone had married or was having sex with his father's second wife (not his mom, but still inappropriate).
- Verses 2-5 - When Christians fall into major sin, it is the responsibility of the church to exercise church discipline and confront that sin.
- Verse 6 - Having a little bit of unrepentant sin condoned in the church would quickly spread to a larger accommodating of sin.
- Verses 7-8 - We are to be a new people, with the old sin cleaned out.
- Verses 9-13 - Another passage on church discipline. When there is major sin within the church, it needs to be confronted. Conversely, sin among those outside the church is to be expected since they don't have God in their lives. We are to work to win them to Christ, not avoid them because they're sinners.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at email@example.com.