It's Day 21 and we're in Genesis 29.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 32 - Such dysfunction.
- Verse 10 - As stated before, it was fairly common back then to take your spouse from your extended family. Most people lived in relatively small groups that necessitated this.
- Verse 11 - The kiss here was not a romantic one, but one of greeting (probably on the cheeks).
- Verses 18-19 - Back then the family had much more say in determining who a woman married.
- Verse 23 - Presumably much drinking had gone on before this, making this mistake in the dark possible.
- Verse 31 - As stated before, God isn't normally the one actively orchestrating fertility issues like this. This is different because of the historical importance of this family.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.