It's Day 14 and we're in 1 Corinthians 7.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Nothing jumped out to me today. That's ok - there will be days like that.
- Verses 1-5 - If we get married, we need to fulfill the sexual aspects of our commitment.
- Verse 7 - Paul was single and he argues that you can do more for the Lord without the obligations of a family. He also recognizes that not everyone can do this.
- Verses 10-11 - This is a hard teaching. It's important to read all the New Testament passages on divorce together in order to get a clear understanding of what's acceptable and what's not.
- Verse 14 - The unbelieving spouse is drawn closer to God through the presence of the believing partner. Similarly, the children are raise with at least one Christian parent.
- Verses 27-34 - The basic point: life is short, the time till judgment is short, and we should treat the time as precious for serving the Lord.
- Verses 36-37 - This gives a lot more authority to the father in determining who to marry than they exercise today. It was a common thing in that culture, but that's not to say that we are obligated to live that way.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at email@example.com.