It's Day 5 and we're in Matthew 5.
You are not reading the Bible to gain trivia knowledge. You're reading the Bible for life change. Father, change our hearts to look more like Your's.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 5 - Christians aren't supposed to be arrogant jerks - they're supposed to be gentle.
- Verses 17-20 - Jesus didn't come to lower the standard. If anything, He came to raise the standard. But through what He did for us, He opened the door to us having a new nature (being a new creation) and having the Holy Spirit within us, so we could live out what He desires for us to.
- Verses 29-30 - The idea of throwing away your eye is intended to emphasize this idea: do whatever it takes to avoid hell. If you getting rid of an eye would do that, you'd be better off doing that than going to hell.
- Verses 31-32 - This is the general rule, but there are further discussions in other passages.
- Verses 39-42 - The idea of being struck has to do with being insulted, not being assaulted.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.