It's Day 15 and we're in 1 Corinthians 8.
If you struggle with the feeling that you need to hurry through the reading, it can be helpful to lay aside a certain length of time for the reading. "I'm going to spend the next ten minutes reading the Bible. If I get done early, I'll go back and re-read it. If I don't get it done, that's fine. Now I can relax and not try to hurry through so I can get on with the other things I need to get done today. I'm going to be here for ten minutes."
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 9 - Don't use your freedom in Christ in a way that causes a brother or sister in Christ to stumble.
- Verse 1 - Food sacrificed to idols was a big issue back then.
- Verses 2-3 - If you think you know it all, you're not as smart as you think you are.
- Verses 4-5 - If food is sacrificed to an idol God, nothing has really happened with that food because that idol isn't real and can't affect the food. There is only one alive God.
- Verse 7 - Some weaker Christians were bothered by the fact that the food had been sacrificed to the idol even though the idol isn't real.
- Verses 9-10 - Don't use your freedom in Christ in a way that trips up a fellow believer. An example today: Biblically I have the freedom to drink wine if I want to but I don't because it might cause a weaker believer to stumble in seeing his preacher drinking.
- Verse 13 - He vows to avoid meat sacrificed to idols if it's going to hurt his brother in Christ.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at email@example.com.