Wednesday, August 7, 2013

60IN60 Day 38 - Wed Aug 7

It's Day 38 and we're in Matthew 11.

One problem that regularly bothers me as I read is a wandering mind. A word in the text will make me think of something that I have to do that day and my mind is off to the races, leaving the Bible behind. I've found it helpful to have something near me that I can make a note on when that happens so I can write down that thing I need to do later and get back to concentrating on the reading in front of me.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 21-24 - I have been given an enormous opportunity in knowing the gospel.  Because of how much God has revealed to me, He has great expectations of me.  We need to realize there is a responsibility that comes with what's been revealed to us.

Help:
- Verse 3 - Amazingly, John the Baptist is now doubting whether Jesus is really the Christ.  This is because Jesus is not acting in the way that John expected: setting up a kingdom to drive the Romans out.
- Verses 16-19 - The basic point is: "nothing satisfies you."  John came living a spare lifestyle and you wouldn't listen to Him.  Jesus came living a life of eating and drinking and you wouldn't listen to Him.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment