It's Day 30 and we're in Mark 10.Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 21 - "felt a love for him" - I love that line. Jesus wasn't trying to beat him down with what He's about to ask the young man. He wasn't trying to prove a point with the man's failure. Jesus told him to leave everything behind because it was the path to life.
- Verses 2-12 - There are other passages that flesh out further details on divorce. This passage emphasizes the main point, which is that marriage is sacred.
- Verse 18 - "Why do you call me good?" - Jesus was, of course, good because He never sinned. I think He said this because the man came to Him thinking He was another teacher, albeit a "good" one.
- Verse 23 - Being rich makes it easy for us to love this world. It's hard to have money and not have it rule you.
- Verses 24-25 - This goes along with the teaching Jesus gave in the Sermon on the Mount about the path to God being a narrow road.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.