It's Day 48 and we're in 1 Samuel 11.Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 6 - There are things that should move us to righteous anger. We are too often angry over petty things and not often enough angry over injustice.
- Verse 3 - Why they allowed them to do this is beyond me. Maybe it was the custom in war of that day.
- Verse 10 - Yes, they lied.
- Verse 12 - Suddenly Saul is popular, whereas originally there were some who questioned him as the choice. People overreacted and wanted to kill those who'd questioned him. It was a mob mentality, not a God thing.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at email@example.com.
Your Questions and Comments:
- Day 45 - 1 Samuel 3 - "Samuel was working at the temple, into the night (or maybe even living there). Yes verse 7 says 'Samuel did not yet know the Lord.' And he didn't even hear for himself when God spoke to him. Is this a picture of some of us, that we are so busy working 'for' the Lord, that we aren't hearing 'from' the Lord?" - Good point.