Tuesday, October 8, 2013

60IN60 Day 37 - Tues Oct 8

It's Day 37 and we're in 2 Kings 22.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 11 - Tearing the robes was an outward way in that day to show extreme grief.  The king realizes in hearing the Word just how far away from God's will the nation is and he tears his robe in distress.  Am I that bothered by where I'm falling short of God's will or have I become desensitized to it?  Also, it raises the question: what are the ways that I'm sinning that I may not even be aware of because I'm unaware of God's will?

Help:
- Verse 20 - Presumably God does this because He knows the nation as a whole is not going to repent of their sin, but He wants to reward the king for his efforts.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment