Friday, August 22, 2014

60IN60 Day 47 - Fri Aug 22

It's Day 47 and we're in Genesis 45.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 2 - Letting go of resentment and harbored bitterness is a gut-wrenching thing.

Help:
- Verses 1-2 - I believe that the talk of his father (44:32, 34) finally breaks Joseph from his harsh manipulation of his brothers.  The pain of the resentment pours forth in his weeping.

- Verse 3 - "Is my father still alive?" - They had talked about that multiple times before, so it wasn't that Joseph didn't know.  Rather, I think that's an indication that that was his most important concern. Something like, "Is it really true that my father is still alive?"

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment