Tuesday, December 9, 2014

60IN60 Day 37 - Tues Dec 9

It's Day 37 and we're in Mark 15.

Where God Spoke To Me:- Verse 8 - This must have seemed like an answer to prayer to Pilate. He wants to release Jesus but is afraid of the religious leaders. What's he going to do? Then the crowd asks for a prisoner to them because of the Feast. I wonder if he thought, "A way out! I can declare Jesus guilty to satisfy the religious leaders but then release him so I won't be guilty of killing an innocent man." Just a reminder that not every "open door" is from God.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Your Comments:
- "Note on Mark 14:22 in my Archaeological Study Bible: "At Jewish meals the head of the family would take the bread to be eaten, lift it up and praise God for His provision. After an 'Amen' response, the bread would be broken, mediating the blessing to everyone who would partake. The same was true of the wine. By stating 'This is my body,' Jesus was saying in effect, 'This is myself.' To the people around the table, a person's body represented or encompassed the whole person. Mark made it clear that all who were present drank from one cup. Drinking the cup of someone else meant entering into a communion relationship with that person, to the point of sharing his or her destiny, for good or ill." Knowing this detail makes our celebration of Communion even more meaningful to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment