It's Day 49 and we're in 1 Peter 2.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 11 - Our sinful lusts "wage war" on our souls. We need to understand that sin is out to kill us spiritually.
- Verse 2 - There are two aspects to our salvation. One is the justification part: I have been made right before God at the moment of salvation. The other is the sanctification part: I am being made into someone who is actually like Jesus. This refers to the latter part.
- Verses 4-5 - The analogy is that the church is like a house and we are bricks.
- Verses 7-8 - In the analogy of building a spiritual house, they rejected Jesus but now He has been made the chief Cornerstone of the church.
- Verses 13-15 - This is the general way we are to behave. Of course, when the king/government's edicts contradict what God expects of us, we have a higher obligation to God.
- Verse 18 - This is the general way it should have been. There are other passages that flesh out this truth with additional aspects, like to pursue their freedom if they had opportunity.
- Verse 24 - Our sins were laid upon Him and He paid the price for them in His death.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.