Thursday, January 14, 2016

60IN60 Day 11 - Thurs Jan 14


It's Day 11 and we're in 1 Corinthians 4.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 20 - I want to see His power unleashed in my church and in my life.

Help:
- Verse 3 - "I do not even examine myself" - I think what he means by that is he recognizes that his own evaluation of his life isn't the final one.  God's is.  So he doesn't excuse or praise himself based on his own evaluation of his life.
- Verse 8 - They were arrogant and full of themselves, so Paul mocks them as thinking they're "kings."
- Verse 10 - Paul was willing to abandon himself to the things of Christ even if it didn't look good publicly.  The Corinthians were concerned about appearances.
- Verse 15 - That is, he was the one who led them to faith.
- Verse 16 - Not that he's perfect, but the chapter clearly shows that they were still in an immature state, so he's encouraging them to walk more like he is.
- Verse 21 - When he came to visit them, did they want to have their act cleaned up or did they want him to come with discipline?

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment