It's Day 9 and we're in 1 John 2.
One thing that can impede God speaking to you is the presence of unconfessed sin in your life. Are you coming to the Word today with a clean heart or are you holding things back from God?
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 4 - Obedience to Jesus' teaching is a required part of being a Christian, not an option. If we are not actively obeying Jesus, we need to check our spiritual condition.
- Verse 2 - "propitiation" - This refers to the idea of making a sacrifice that turns away the anger of God.
- Verses 7-8 - Obeying God is an old command, but it is a new thing that we have the perfect example of Jesus as well as His empowering us through a new heart and the Holy Spirit to be able to live out what we're commanded.
- Verses 18-19, 22 - "many anti-Christs" - As verse 22 notes, this is a reference to those who are doing the work of Satan, not saying that they are THE Anti-Christ.
- Verse 27 - "anointing" - That is, having the Holy Spirit and His power.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.