It's Day 4 and we're in Luke 4.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verses 18-19 - This is His mission statement. Its focus is on the hurting and the weak.
- Verse 2 - This was apparently a supernaturally-empowered fast, because you normally can't go that long without food.
- Verse 22 - Apparently Jesus didn't show signs earlier in His life of someone who would obviously go on to be a leader like this.
- Verses 23-30 - They get angry because He basically says that God would rather work through foreigners than through them.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Questions and Comments:
- "Why did Elizabeth keep herself secluded for 5 months after she knew she was pregnant? Since her 'shame' was taken away, wouldn't she want to happily share that with people who had maybe looked down on her? Or even told everybody she knew, so it would bring glory to God?" - That's a good question. The Bible doesn't tell us why. I have wondered if the many years of being unable to get pregnant made her reluctant to publicly announce this miracle, even though her husband told her this was from God. Perhaps a fear that it was too good to be true that she would actually have a successful pregnancy at this late stage of life.
- "I'm not sure why this stuck out to me today but for the first time I realized that Jesus would have been placed in Mary's womb around March. Spring is a time of rebirth of the earth, growth and new beginning for the living things of the earth. It is also the time of year we celebrate Easter. A time in which Jesus finished his work on Earth and said it is done. Is this coincidence? Perhaps. But for some reason the Holy Spirit revealed it to me this morning and moved me to tears. God's perfect timing is miraculous. God is definitely in the details. ♡"