It's Day 42 and we're in Romans 11.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 18 - We were not the original inheritors of the promise. We've been "grafted in." That should lead to humility and thankfulness.
- Verse 2 - "foreknew" - That is the word for the idea that God - being God - knows everything past, present, and future, so he knows what's going to happen in the future. He is never surprised.
- Verse 7 - When Israel chose to disobey, God then allowed their hearts to become hard.
- Verses 11, 14 - God is not done with Israel. One of His purposes in working right now among non-Jews (i.e. Gentiles; i.e. us) is to create a desire within Israel to return to Him.
- Verse 17 - Using a tree analogy, Israel's disobedience led to some branches being removed and our faith in Christ has led to us being grafted into the tree.
- Verse 32 - Our disobedience puts us in a position where we are rightly to be judged.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.