Wednesday, September 13, 2017

60IN60 Day 10 - Wed Sept 13

It's Day 10 and we're in 1 Corinthians 3.

If you come across something in your reading that doesn't make sense at first, be quick to re-read and to ask questions. If I can help answer anything, drop me an email.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verses 13-14 - I do not want the work of my life to be burned away.  It want it to deserve to be rewarded.

Help:
- Verses 1, 3 - The reference to "men of flesh" is part of a comparison of between people who are spiritually-minded and those unsaved people who are focused on earthly, fleshly pursuits.
- Verse 2 - He gave them basic teaching, like a baby would require basic food like milk.  They should have been ready for the more advanced teaching.
- Verse 4 - They were picking their favorite preachers and dividing into camps.
- Verse 8 - We're all part of the process of seeing spiritual growth and Kingdom expansion and we will receive our reward based on the part we played.
- Verses 12-15 - This is about the final judgment for Christians.  We are not judged for salvation, but for rewards.  If my life has honored Christ and my work has been for Him, my work will stand up to the fire of judgment.  If I've lived for this world and its fleeting loves, my life's work will be burned away as being worthless.
- Verse 20 - Earthly "wisdom" is often considered folly in God's eyes.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment