It's Day 13 and we're in Genesis 42.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 24 - He is moved by their sorrow, but not enough to forgive.
- Verse 4 - Yes, Jacob is showing favoritism again and that is bad parenting. The Bible describes what Jacob does but that doesn't mean it endorses it.
- Verses 7-17 - I think this comes from Joseph's resentment over how he was treated. Some think Joseph is more mature than that and this is just a little drama, but I think Joseph still had hard feelings.
- Verse 28 - They were concerned they'd be accused of stealing.
- Verse 37 - Offering two sons as a bounty had to do with the honor system they had back then.
- Verse 38 - Yes, Jacob is playing favorites.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at email@example.com.