Thursday, January 11, 2018

60IN60 Day 11 - Thurs Jan 11

It's Day 11 and we're in John 6.
 
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 15 - Jesus didn't trust people's instincts to lead to the right thing.  Why do I sometimes?
 
Help:
- Verse 29 - This isn't saying that we just have to say we "believe" in Jesus and then we can go live our lives any way we want.  To truly believe in Jesus, I must then act on what He said to do (i.e. follow His teachings) because I believe that what He said is true is really true.  That's required to actually believe in Jesus.
- Verses 51-56, 60, 63 - This is the original "hard saying" from Jesus.  These are tough words.  The best way I think to understand it is that Jesus sacrificed His body and blood in my place, so therefore I have to receive that into my life in order to experience new spiritual life.  Obviously, we tie these words into what we celebrate at communion.
 
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
 
If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment