It's Day 55 and we're in 1 Corinthians 8.
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 13 - I can't just think about the impact of my actions on me, but on those around me who are new in the faith.
- Verse 1 - This is obviously not a big issue today, but it was back then.
- Verses 2-3 - This is simply a call to humility and realizing that we're not as smart as we often think we are.
- Verse 5 - When he says there are many gods, he saying that there are many things that people treat as gods and that people call gods. Obviously, there is really only one actual God.
- Verses 7-8 - The mature person realized that when food was sacrificed to idols that the idol wasn't real so it really didn't make any change in the food. Some, though, newly out of paganism, still thought something was going on in that moment of sacrificing the meat to idols.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.