Wednesday, September 9, 2020

60IN60 Day 3 - Wed Sept 9

It's Day 3 and we're in Mark 3.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verses 2, 5-6 - Their spiritual blindness in missing the larger point is breathtaking.  Are there areas where I'm so stuck in my tradition that I miss what God is doing right in front of me?

Help:
- Verse 9 - I think a major reason He got in the boat was that people were continually coming up to touch Him in hope of a miracle.  He needed to teach them too and that helped Him be able to.  See verse 20.
- Verse 12 - As I've noted before, the main reason for Him saying things like this was, I think, maintaining the timetable He wanted.
- Verse 21 - This is a verse worthy of some pondering.  Rather than the fact that He was the Son of God being obvious to everyone who ever saw Him, His family is concerned that He's gone off the deep end.
- Verses 29-30 - The sin against the Holy Spirit is not one you can accidentally do or anything like that.  It's a deliberate choice to ignore God's leading and ascribe things of the Spirit to Satan.
- Verses 31-35 - While He still had a physical family, He's saying here that His spiritual family is His real family.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment