It's Day 22 and we're in Genesis 30.What's the Bible say about the book you're reading today? "All Scripture is. . . profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16). Reading the Bible will make your day more "profitable."
Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verses 3, 9 - Always trying to force things.
- Verses 3, 9 - Through Genesis, this seems to be something that people resorted to when getting pregnant became hard. It pretty much always ends badly.
- Verses 15-16 - It sounds like it denigrated to the place where Jacob was being told where to sleep.
- Verse 22 - As stated before, God is not normally the one who actively decides on fertility issues. This is unusual because of the historic importance of this family in Israel's story.
- Verses 37-40 - This, of course, has no value in and of itself. It only worked because God blessed it. I think He does similar things today - working through our sometimes hair-brained plans - so that we know it's from Him.
If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.
If you have a question or comment, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.