Tuesday, April 15, 2014

60IN60 Day 44 - Tues Apr 15

It's Day 44 and we're in Romans 13.

We have lots of excuses for why we don't read the Bible: "I'm too busy," "I don't know where to start," "I tried it once and got confused," "I just never got around to it." I hope "60IN60" helps you to be able to overcome those excuses and experience a rewarding time in the Word.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 14 - "put on the Lord Jesus" - It's a daily (well, actually, moment by moment) choice to use the resources that Jesus has made available to us for spiritual victory.  I want to do that.

Help:
- Verses 1-6 - These verses on being subject to the government are the general approach that we are to have to government.  Of course, there are times when government wants us to do things that are wrong and then our loyalty to God is a higher priority and demands disobedience to the state.
- Verses 12, 14 - "put on" - This is an important spiritual growth idea.  We have to choose to use the things God has given us for spiritual growth.  It's like having a raincoat - I have to choose to put it on before I go out or I'm going to get soaked by the rain.  It's our choice whether to use the resources God has given us.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment