Saturday, July 19, 2014

60IN60 Day 13 - Sat Jul 19

It's Day 13 and we're in Genesis 42.

Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verse 24 - He is moved by their sorrow, but not enough to forgive.

Help:
- Verse 4 - Yes, Jacob is showing favoritism again and that is bad parenting.  The Bible describes what Jacob does but that doesn't mean it endorses it.
- Verses 7-17 - I think this comes from Joseph's resentment over how he was treated.  Some think Joseph is more mature than that and this is just a little drama, but I think Joseph still had hard feelings.
- Verse 28 - They were concerned they'd be accused of stealing.
- Verse 37 - Offering two sons as a bounty had to do with the honor system they had back then.
- Verse 38 - Yes, Jacob is playing favorites.

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have a question or comment, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Your Questions:
- "What's your opinion of this part of verse 8? "Then Joseph said to them, “Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams.”"  To me it sounds like Joseph is claiming to be God. Obviously, I know he didn't think that, but it seems as though he should have said something like, "Only God can interpret dreams, but He uses me as a conduit to share those interpretations with others," or similar. Thoughts?" - I think that's what Joseph meant.  "Dream belong to God and He has chosen to speak through me."  I think it's a phrasing issue because I don't think Joseph had an ego problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment