Wednesday, October 8, 2014

60IN60 Day 38 - Wed Oct 8

It's Day 38 and we're in Exodus 16.

If you come across something in your reading that doesn't make sense at first, be quick to re-read and to ask questions. If I can help answer anything, drop me an email.


Where God Spoke To Me:
- Verses 3-4 - More whining instead of asking God to supply. Why are we so quick to blame God instead of asking Him to take care of our problems?

If you want to read the chapter online, here's a link.

If you have questions or comments, email me at butcher@ymail.com.

Questions You Have:

- "This is definitely the chapter where the Jewish passover is laid out. If in chapter 14 the Jews are being directed to commorate this day as a celebration for generations, why as Christians do we not also adhere to this directive? In the past I have attended christianized Seder suppers on the Thursday before Easter commorating the Last Supper and tying the sympbolism of the Passover meal with the crucifixion. Why is this is not a common practice in most churches?" - I don't think there's anything wrong with celebrating it and I have myself participated in Passover meals occassionally. The Passover meal celebrates the blood protecting them and saving them from death. I would argue that we have the higher fulfillment of the original Passover as we look at Jesus' death. As we celebrate communion, we participate in a meal that reminds us that the blood protects us and saves us from death - but it's the blood of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment